The BookDoc team has a combined business experience of more than 150 years, comprising seasoned healthcare, ICT and insurance professionals, entrepreneurs, bankers, regulators and policy makers, with deep management expertise across Asia.
Dato' Chevy Beh
Dato' Chevy Beh
- Previously Managing Director of BP Healthcare Group from January 2009 till October 2014. Under his leadership, Beh:
- Had successfully expanded the customer base to more than 2 million, expanded the work force from about 400 to more than 1,300 and grown BP Healthcare Group business units (medical centre, diagnostics, dental, laboratory, food/environmental testing, eye clinics and hearing) from 101 to over 180 business units.
- Helped the company garnered a number of accolades in the healthcare industry, including BP Clinical Lab being awarded JCI accreditation (the 1st in Asia to achieved joint commission awarded JCI accreditation under the category of Clinical Laboratory Programme).
- Instrumental in establishing smart partnerships with leading local universities & institutions such as Universiti Malaya (oral and dental care), Universiti Sains Malaysia (radiology), Universiti Putra Malaysia (food testing services), Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital (eye and vision care) and Institute Jantung Negara (cardiology).
- He served as a Director on the Board of Directors of Pantai Hospital Ipoh from 2008 to 2013 before the said hospital became part of IHH Healthcare Berhad.
- He also served as a Director of Sunway-City Ipoh which is a JV with Sunway Group Berhad from 2006 to 2013.
- Formerly a China-focused analyst at the Maxim Group and prior to that an associate at Dominick and Dominick.
- Awards & Recognitions:
- 1st Health technology contributor in Asia to Forbes
- Nominated for MIT Technology Review Innovators Under 35 Asia 2016
- Most Promising Entrepreneurship Award at the 2012 Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA)
- Appointed as the Industry Advisory Panel (IAP) of National University of Malaysia (UKM), on Healthcare Innovation and Technopreneurship from 2015 to 2018
- Top Nominee for the Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year for two consecutive years 2013 & 2014
- Participant at the panel discussion of the Forbes Healthcare Summit, an invitation-only event in NYC, for years 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Awarded as the Great Entrepreneur Brand Icon Leadership Award 2015 by the Brand Laureate
- Appointed as Ambassador of Frost & Sullivan Greater China for year 2018
- He was elected council member for Malaysia Retail Chain Association (MRCA) from 2016-2018.
- He is current a mentor at the Young Corporate Malaysians (YCM) Malaysia's leading and largest corporate and business networking community for the youth.
- A Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA).
- Received his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia with a double major in Economics and East Asian Studies.
- He studied at various institutions, among them Cambridge University, Harvard University, Stanford University and Beijing University.
- During University days, captained the Collegiate Polo Team and was merited the National American-Intercollegiate All Stars, America.
- He made history by being the 1st Asian to be awarded with American All Stars.
- He was the England polo captain for under-21 English School National Team.
- He made history by being the youngest to be elected to hold office barrel in the Equine Association of Malaysia as the Vice-President of Equine Association Malaysia (EAM).
- In 2011, Beh made history by being the youngest to lead the Equestrian Team and also the youngest team manager of all sports at the 2011 SEA Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- He is a frequent speaker at healthcare, technology and leadership conferences.
Joel Neoh Eu-Jin
Joel Neoh Eu-Jin
- Malaysian entrepreneur, speaker and investor.
- Currently founder of Kfit.
- Best known for his role as founder of Groupon Malaysia and as the CEO of Groupon Asia Pacific.
- First business venture at the age of 20 was a fast-growing student agency set-up.
- In 2007 he participated in The Firm, Malaysia's first corporate reality television programme produced by Popiah Pictures and ntv7 and became the show's inaugural winner.
- In 2008 he started a business venture called Youth Asia, a social technology company known for the creation of a few technology startups, including YouthSays and GroupsMore (later on joined Groupon via acquisition in 2010).
- Awards & Recognitions:
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the Emerging Entrepreneur category in Malaysia (2012)
- Asia's Top 10 entrepreneurs as well as Young Global Leader by World Economic Forum (2013)
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of Sydney with a double degree in Electrical Engineering (Telecommunications) and Commerce (Finance and Economics).
- Over 14 years’ experience in the healthcare industry & experience in corporate management, sales and marketing, IT and procurement with BP Healthcare Group, Malaysia’s leading healthcare service provider.
- Vast experience in internal start-ups & key roles in business development eg. BP Business Solutions (IT), BP Hearing Solutions (Hearing Aids), Labpro (Medical Equipment Distribution), BP Clinical Waste and BP Aesthetics & Pharmacy, Lab and Diagnostic Centre.
General Manager of
General Manager of Business Development
- Graduated from University of Virginia, USA with a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Aerospace Engineering, Economics and Mathematics (2008)
- During his tenure at BP Healthcare Group (Malaysia), he assumed several positions:
- VP in Logistics, Engineering and Research & Development (Nov 2014 till April 2015)
- Director of Procurement (Jan 2014 till Oct 2014)
- Business Development Manager (Oct 2012 till Dec 2013)
- After graduation he worked at NERA Economic Consulting (NYC) as an analyst (2008-2012)
Poh Bee Kuan
Poh Bee Kuan
Vice President of Singapore
- Bee Kuan holds a Bachelor of Applied Science (Hons) from University Science of Malaysia and Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management & Leadership from Singapore Management University and Singhealth.
- She has 23 years of experience in the primary, secondary, tertiary and immediate & long term healthcare services in Malaysia and Singapore.
- She worked in Singapore General Hospital (“SGH”) as its Deputy Director in the Allied Health Division and Deputy Director (Operations) in the Operations and Performance Management Division. She also worked in Bright Vision Hospital as its Director in the CEO’s Office.
- She was a member of SGH Mixed-Use Development Project Commissioning Committee which comprises a community hospital, outpatient rehabilitation centre, SGH campus support operations facilities etc.
- She was appointed as a pro-tem committee of Sengkang Integrated Healthcare System which comprises a general hospital and a community hospital.
- She was also the Group Managing Director of BP Healthcare Group who spearheaded the group’s expansion plan into various healthcare businesses and achieved several ISO accreditation and certifications (ISO 9001, ISO 17025, and ISO 15189) for the group’s companies.
- She is a member of Harvard Club of Malaysia.